CMSIE – Contact Making Seminar for Inclusion in Europe
This project was meant to answer a need for a reinforced cooperation between European youth organizations and the building of new partnerships between civil society from islands and mainland. This project was designed to meet collective needs of organizations from European Islands and small communities from mainland Europe that hold similar experiences on working in promoting tolerance, acceptance of diversity and with youngsters with fewer opportunities, but have different work practices and methods.
- Provide the opportunity to reflect and debate on discrimination and integration of youth with fewer opportunities and the European reality
- To reinforce collaboration and networking between the participants, facilitate the exchange of good practices and create new partnerships
- Increase the cooperation between NGOs from island and mainland
- To match make European partners who are interested in developing youth projects related to social inclusion, discrimination and empowerment of youngsters with fewer opportunities.
- Promote the social inclusion and the participation of youngsters with fewer opportunities and get a better understanding of the role of European mobility programmes in achieving this goal
- To develop during the seminar at least 5 specific proposals for future projects, to be presented at the next Erasmus+ Programme deadline
Period: 01.05.2016 – 28.02.2017
Location: Tenerife, Spain
Direct Beneficiaries: 20 decision makers, project/program coordinators, directors of European youth NGOS from: Spain, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, France, Greece, Croatia, Italy, Poland, and Portugal
Contact Making Seminar, 01.11.2016 – 06.11.2016, provided an opportunity for those involved in the youth field to exchange ideas of common interest on European and national priorities regarding youngsters with fewer opportunities. It aimed at making better use of EU funds, especially Erasmus+, to support social inclusion, anti-discrimination and accepting diversity.
More photos on our Facebook
Visibility online of the project: