At the most basic level, a sport activity well designed that incorporates the best value of sports – self-discipline, respect of the opponent, fair-play, team work, respecting rules – helps people in developing values and communication abilities needed to prevent and solve conflicts that appear in the day to day life. Sport can play a very important role in reducing the social tensions and the conflicts in communities and at national level, tackling the causes of that exclusion and proportioning an alternative entering point in the social and economic life of the communities. Using movies as a tool will help the participants have a better understanding of social inclusion and sports; and through the creation of movies, that will be played in the communities of origin, it will be promoted the principles and values debated during the project.
Objectives at participants’ level:
- Understand the role of sports in the personal development and in social inclusion, in eliminating barriers, stereotypes and promoting communication
- The exchange of ideas and experiences between youngsters from different European countries on the use of sports for social inclusion
- The increase of the sense of initiative, leadership and team work
- The developing of fair-play and discipline
- Familiarize with the steps and the techniques in making a short movie
- Making a minimum of 7 short movies that promote social inclusion through sports
- Developing the abilities and the technical knowledge regarding recording and editing a movie
- Developing cultural competences and working in multicultural environments
- Increasing tolerance and accepting diversity
- Improving the level of English, both in the sport and movie areas, as informal and knowledge about other languages
The objectives at organizational level are:
- The organizational development of P.O.D. Association, as well as the partners, in the use of visual arts and sports in promoting social inclusion
- Increase the European project management of P.O.D. and the collaborations at European level of all the NGOs involved in the project
- Networking among the European association represented in the project
Period: 01.01.2015 – 01.11.2015
Location: Tenerife, Spain
Direct beneficiaries: 49 young people, with ages between 18 – 30 years old and 7 group leaders, residence in one of the 7 partner country: Spain, Romania, Bulgaria, Malta, Greece, Italy, and Portugal.
Youth Exchange, 19.07.2015 – 01.08.2015, that involved young people with fewer opportunities and support the initiative and cooperation with other youngsters, that don’t belong to disadvantaged groups. With the purpose of reaching their potential, developing their social abilities and competences that lead to the mitigation of the social disadvantage, this project offered 56 European youngsters the frame for the exchange of ideas, experiences and team work in outdoor activities, sports and tasks in making short movies about the use of sports for social inclusion.
More photos on our Facebook
On 3th of September 2015, the NGO “Identities” organized an event at CSV Chieti, the hub for all the NGOs operating in the province, with a total of 15 youth workers and volunteers. After a 30 minutes presentation of the opportunities offered by Erasmus+, “movIet” was introduced, describing objectives, methodologies, achievements and outcomes. Two of the videos made at the project (“Can You?” and “You Will Never Dunk Alone”) were displayed, followed by a few minutes of debate. The event ended after nearly 1.5 hours with a little party.
The team from Hellenic Youth Participation brought a group together, formed by social workers, trainers, teachers, sport managers and athletes. The meeting was held on the 29th of October, using the opening of their new office. Three of the participants introduced the project “movleT” and presented the partner organization, some of the movies and animation films and moderated a discussion for the topic “Social Inclusion and Sports”.
The activities of dissemination made by the Maltese team were divided in three:
• 26th August 2015, Coordination Committee of the Russian Compatriots Assembly (C.C.R.C.A.): a Russian participant of the project resident in the island showed some of the movies and short animations to a group of people of this organization in Malta. They were impressed by what the participants could produce in the short time assigned.
• 5th September 2015, Nova Scotia, Canada: One of the members of the Maltese group, native of Canada, displayed the videos to young people from her environment. They became more knowledgeable about the Erasmus+ opportunity being offered not only to youth in Europe but also to youngsters living all over the world.
• 12th August 2015, Garghgur Football Ground, Malta: one of the participants in “movIeT” is a player of this team, which is an example of social inclusion since it includes a person from an ethnic minority in Malta. After the celebration of a match, a little implementation of the project was made.
On the 29th of August the Champions Factory’s team, with the assistance of 6 of the volunteers of the organization, broached the subject of social inclusion though sports, played the videos made in the project and related them to the Erasmus+ objectives and strategies. The session went on for 1h30.
On the 16th of August 2015 a session about the Erasmus+ Program and the youth exchange “movIeT” was organized at Open Pub (Bucharest), addressed to a group of approx. 15 youngsters could see the videos resulting from the project. Afterwards, they had a little party and discussed about the project and the information they were given.
The dissemination of movIeT project was made by a presentation of the work developed during the project in Tenerife in the Adamastor House, including people between 18 and 20 from Portugal, Italy, Ukraine, Turkey and Belgium that were participating in an exchange. They included materials from the project in the presentations where they normally show the association’s collaborations abroad.
P.O.D. Association, together with the participants from the “movIeT” youth exchange, organized on the 21st of October 2015, in the neighborhood of San Antonio, an activity called – Wednesday active with Erasmus+, where more than 10 youngsters, with ages between 20 and 25 years old, and 5 children from the neighborhood participated. Firstly on the playground there were done some activities about social inclusion and teamwork, including the Human Knot, football with glasses made with plastic cups and frisbee. We moved indoors to present Erasmus+ and some information about the projects made by the NGO, and also to show some of the videos made by the participants. The audience was given some leaflets and notebooks and they were also encouraged to join a list for us to inform them about future activities.
In addition, during “ACTive YOUth” we also played football with plastic glasses with the 42 young participants and group leaders from Spain, Armenia, Romania, Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova and during the debrefing it was mentioned the principle of social inclusion that the Erasmus+ program is promoting.
Visibility online of the project: