Location: Latvia (Aglona region)
Period: 19th – 26th of June of 2013
Co-funded: Youth in Action Program, action 4.3, training course
Partner countries: Hungary, Romania, Turkey, Lithuania, and Latvia
Participant’s profile: 6 active people in working with youngsters with fewer opportunities (youth workers, social workers, project coordinators, institutions’ directors, trainers, volunteers etc.) who are interested in the subject and can integrate the experience and the new knowledge in their daily practice; capacity to work in English; availability to actively participate in all the planned activities during the training course
The aim of the project is to improve quality of youth activities support system and increase capacity of organizations who are active in youth work.
Methods used in this project will be seminars, discussions, workshops, sports and role games.
Language used: English
- getting to know each other and ice-breaking games
- meetings with local sports organizations members and discover the sports culture of Latvia in the area
- attendance in a cultural integration event organized by local young people with fewer opportunities
- study visit to an NGO that works with disabled people
- introduction to animal therapy
- learning about and playing special sports games with physically disabled children
- sharing experiences and best practice in this field